Albert J. Nicaud
Albert J. Nicaud began his career representing insurers and self-insured funds in the defense of property/casualty, automobile, errors and omissions, longshore and worker's compensation claims. In doing so, he has developed a broad-based knowledge of the insurance industry and the goals and objectives of the insurer. He has also represented many of Louisiana's largest corporations in the defense of their commercial liability, auto, worker's compensation and employer liability claims.
Mr. Nicaud’s has an extensive practice in the field of construction law, including construction litigation, construction contracts, AIA agreements, the Louisiana Private Works and Public Works Acts and lien law. He represents contractors, subcontractors and owners on both, commercial and residential projects and litigation. He also serves as counsel to the Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors.He is also an Assistant Bar Examiner charged by the Louisiana State Bar Association with the responsibility of grading Bar Exams.
Mr. Nicaud's practice also includes commercial and residential real estate, leases, redhibition disputes and landlord tenant disputes. He is also experienced in estate planning, wills, successions, probate, planning and disputes.
Mr. Nicaud has extensive litigation experience before district judges, juries, hearing officers and administrative law judges. Other areas of practice include transactional and commercial litigation, commercial and residential lease preparation and litigation, redhibition claims, premises liability, bad faith litigation, wills and successions.
Mr. Nicaud also co-hosts the weekly radio show " All Things Legal" on WWL 870 AM/ 105.3 FM on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. The show has been a valuable tool to inform people of their legal rights and duties as well as a platform to discuss business and legal issues.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Law
- Automobile Accidents and injury claims
- Estate Planning
- Wills, Successions & Probate
- Real Estate, Condominium, Homeowner & Property Owners Associations
- Louisiana, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1988
- University of New Orleans
- B.A. - 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Louisiana Lawyers for Life