Business Succession Planning
Every business owner should have an exit strategy. Without a plan in place, your business and your family may be exposed to a variety of negative outcomes, including shareholder disputes, poorly equipped successors, lost assets, and disputes between family members.
The estate planning and business succession lawyers of Nicaud & Sunseri Law Firm, LLC, can help you create and finalize a succession strategy that protects your interests and those of your family. We advise and represent business owners in New Orleans, Metairie, St. Tammany Parish and throughout southeast Louisiana.
To discuss your goals and concerns, contact our law firm today. We can assess your specific situation and customize a plan that meets your needs.
How We Can Help
Our estate planning attorneys have extensive experience in business succession planning. We provide advice and customized solutions in all of the following matters:
- Determining a competent successor
- Creation of operating agreements
- Addressing potential tax liabilities
- Family succession, otherwise known as retention planning
- Buy-sell retention planning, which involves offering other shareholders or employees a controlling stake in the company
- Transferring business assets into a trust to benefit family members
Our attorneys can help you create a comprehensive estate plan that anticipates the possibility of your sudden illness, death or retirement. Additionally, we can help you address elder law matters such as preserving Medicaid eligibility.