Naturalization and Citizenship
A Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) is eligible to become a naturalized citizen of the United States if a Legal Permanent Resident:
- Is at least 18 years old;
- Has been a resident continuously for 5 years subsequent to receiving LPR status;
- Has been a person of good moral character;
- demonstrates elementary knowledge of the English language;
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the history and the United States by passing a naturalization test.
Contact our office in Metairie, Louisiana. We can assist you with the naturalization process.