Condominiums and planned developments are popular in Louisiana. In these types of properties, units or homes are individually owned, while the land and common facilities are owned and operated through a homeowners association or condominium association. Owners must pay dues, assessments and maintenance fees and abide by the association’s rules.
Comprehensive Representation For Associations And Owners
At Nicaud & Sunseri Law Firm, LLC, our lawyers represent homeowners associations, condo associations and owners in New Orleans and throughout southern Louisiana in their disputes. Following are examples of the types of services we provide:
- Interpretation and enforcement of the governing documents such as the declarations, bylaws and regulations
- Advising the board of directors on interpretation of by-laws and declarations
- Defense of premises liability claims
- Disputes between homeowners’ associations and homeowners
- Collections of dues and assessments
- Filing liens against an owner’s property
If you are a homeowner who has a dispute with your condo or homeowners association, you should contact a lawyer to learn more about your rights and responsibilities. If you stop paying your dues or a special assessment, the homeowners association can place a lien on your property. You may also be responsible for the homeowners association’s legal fees.
Contact Our Metairie Homeowner Dispute Attorneys: 985-218-0494
For more information or to schedule a consultation with our homeowners’ association lawyers, call 985-218-0494 or 504-662-9596, or contact us online. With offices in Metairie and St. Tammany Parish, we represent clients on the Southshore and the Northshore.